Cutlery Care & Maintenance
To ensure long life and to retain the lustre of your cutlery, the following procedures are recommended:
- Wash immediately after use with a good quality detergent.
- Do not use harsh washing powders or abrasive cleaning cloths.
- Do not mix 18/10 grade cutlery with 18/0 when washing as this can cause discolouration and corrosion.
- If using a dishwasher, always remember to load forks and spoons handles down, tines and bowls up.
- Place knives in a separate basket with blades facing down to prevent scratching and unwanted contact with other alloys.
- Remove cutlery from dishwasher immediately at the end of the washing cycle.
- Store cutlery in dry places and dry completely before storing to prevent water stains.
- To remove marks from your cutlery, it is recommended that a cleaner or polish for stainless steel is used.
- Do not use silver polish on stainless steel as it will damage the surface.